Saturday, August 23, 2008

Come Away With Me...


Nights like this inspire me. It's late, and we've spent the last couple days soaking up memories with out of town friends. The guys are still in the living room (yes, playing super-hero video games), Jenny is asleep in the love seat, and the dogs are all conked out from 2 days of non-stop play. I've secretly retreated to my little home-office, shut the doors, and turned on Norah Jones "Come Away with Me." I'm not sure what it is about that album...maybe it's because I started listening to it with my sweet roomates at Oregon State during such a fun and incredible season of my life. Maybe because I'd find it on my playlist during late nights trying to get design projects wrapped up before the next morning's deadline. Maybe because it was the last song we danced to at our wedding. It's amazing how a song can bring back a rush of old memories...as if they were all happening once again during this very moment. I just need this minute to soak it all up once again. Come away with me...

No comments: